Hi! I've been nominated for the Blog Your Heart Out Award by The Nail Snail!! Hooray!
I'm going to answer these 5 questions for you, and then recommend 5 bloggers with less than 100 followers so they can gain a little bit of visibility! It was really cool to learn that people actually see my blog and think I'm doing a good job. Being a new blogger can be an odd experience when you're learning how it all works and hoping that people actually see your blog. Getting this award motivates me to keep going! So thank you so much, The Nail Snail!
1. What/who encouraged you to start blogging? I have been really in love with nail polish and nail art for the past 4ish years, and while reading some nail blogs I always thought it would be so awesome to blog about something I love!
2. How did you choose what topic(s) to blog about? I am one of those people that will become passionate about something, but get bored of it one day and just quit it. Nail polish has been something that I've always loved since I got into it in the first place, and its something that is fun and my friends have always said that I am pretty good at, so it just fell into place!
3. What is something most people don't know about you? I am a game nerd. I don't claim to be a "gamer" because I'm not necessarily *good* at games - haha. I also don't claim to be a "nerdy gamer girl" or anything. I've just always loved gaming since I was young and I'd play Diablo or Starcraft or the Monkey Island series with my dad. Lately I've been playing a lot of Saints Row III (haven't bought IV yet), Sims III, and Papers Please (a really cool indie game, very dark but super fun!)
4. What three words describe your style? Colorful, everchanging, and thrifty.
5. What do you like to do when you aren't blogging? I spend a lot of time playing video games and on youtube. I also spend a lot of time at work and spending time with my boyfriend and my cat. I like to crochet on and off. I also eat a lot! I'm one of those people that eats the whole pizza in one night myself, or makes a "family sized" hamburger helper for my dinner. Thank god for my good metabolism.
1. The Nail Snail - Obviously shes the one who gave me this award - but I think it deserves saying that she does really beautiful designs and everyone needs to see her blog.
2. HG Nail Design - I know that she has already been nominated, but her nails are gorgeous and her nail art is so creative and well done!
3. Dream It Up Nails - I know she's already received this award, but her designs are very unique and her blog is always fun to read!!
I have to be honest here - I'm still discovering and expanding my list of blogs I read - so a lot of the blogs I know of have tons of followers already. To make up for only having three actually nominees that have all been nominated already, here are some of my favorite "well known" blogs:
Thanks again to The Nail Snail, and thank you for reading!